Monday, September 26, 2005

Meaningful trip..

Here is the meaningful trip that I want to share with you all...
Yesterday, I had followed "tzu chi" to KKB (Kampung Kota Baharu). This place is far away from big city and is a bit like a isolated place. This place is a hostel for the disable people. These disable people not only cannot walk, but they also cannot talk, cannot control to defecate and urine. They just like a group of babies, but just different in ages. The only thing they have is FEEL. They can only feel you are concern them, sayang them.. pitty right?
When I arrived the place, a bit of stinking smell come from their hostel. Though my friend had come to this place twice, but she also cannot usual with the smell. The leader of group had bring us to visit them and know their living style. Their living style is very simple and all of them are lying in the bed. Because of that, their muscle were shrinking. Some of them even not lying in the mattress, to easy for cleaning the place they sleep. Moreover, some of their hand were tied by nurse to avoid they hurt themselves.
After knowing the life of them, we starting to have our own job. We all distributed into different group and service in different room. Most of us cleaning their living space like cleaning the fan, window, door, floor etc. There also some autie and uncle as a volunteer there. They helped them to bath, cut hairs, wash clothes etc. These all was simple for the normal person, but actually is very hard for those people. All the work must be done carefully to avoid hurt them.
When the lunch time, me and my friend had volunteered to feed them. Their lunch was chicken and rice. You know what, when you saw their food, you will thankful that you having a nice food even a bowl of rice. I just cannot tell how i feel about their food. *sigh* Some of them are not eating rice, they drink milk. We feed them just like feeding a 2 or 3 years old children. They feel happy and show their thankful in their face.
The half day of service were ended after all the job had been done. When we eating our rice that prepared by "tzu chi", I feel very satisfy even is just a vegetarian fried rice. I think I need to learn how to satisfy after having a visit for them.
Satisfy I'm having great food to eat, satisfy I'm having chance for study, satisfy that I'm having my loving family and satisfy everything in my life. I also feel that I'm the happiness people compare to them.
Are you satisfy with your life? Learn to be satisfy sometimes. Then, you will found out sometimes satisfy is also a happiness in your life.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

This is a touching post...the way you described the situation almost made me tear with sadness. Thumbs up for you helping the needy. :)

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

現在才知道什麼叫做"幸福"...所以要珍惜呀!要感恖呀.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

If we got chance to help, then we help.

When you saw them, you will feel more sad..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home