Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Viva is over..Yeah~

Yeah!! At last I can more relax as my thesis viva had over..!! This morning, I really nervous when I'm waiting for my turn. I waited until 10.35am. The feeling waiting was not so good. My heart beated fast while waiting. When the time moderator called my name, my heart like "dub...dub.. dub.." and then stopped!! =P
Because was lack of time, I only presented a few of my presentation slide. Lastly, the time to present my prototype...the most important character needed to be present.. though it was ugly...hahahaha...
Then, the lecturer started to ask about my project's concept, literature review and also problems overcome. Actually I'm not very well prepared, but I still tried to answer the question with confidence. *phew* Luckily the both lecturer didn't treat me bad.. They didn't ask me to show the ways for using the tools... hahaha...
After finishing my viva, I really relax. I wanted to treat myself good.. Hehe... So, again... I'm took a nap after taking shower. Wow.. Today was a good day for having a nap.. Rainny day!! Sleeping without any stress and time limitation, really "syok"!! Yo~
Mmm.. I think mostly of you may don't understand what is thesis and what is viva.. Here is some explanation...
Thesis is one of the final personal project that be given for every final year students. We need to develop a systems or games or etc (depends on the title that be given by lecturer). For our university, thesis had separated into two stages, Thesis I and Thesis II.
Thesis I is including the documentation such as proposal and also prototype while Thesis II focusing on developing systems. In this semester, we register for Thesis I. First, we will find a suitable lecturer to be our supervisor. Next, we will be choosing the thesis's title that given by the lecturer (we also can propose our own title). Survey, research, comparing existing systems will be done in this semester. Later, we need to do a report for our title based on the research had been done. All of this work are related to Thesis II. The system will be develop according to the documentation of Thesis I, your own idea on developing.
Viva.. many of my friends ask me what is viva. Now, I would like to explain here..
Viva is an examination conducted by word of mouth. The thesis viva is a bit like the common presentation. But the different is we need to show what we had done for this semester and know how to use the tools. That's why we have to produce a prototype. Some of the moderator will ask you to change code (if the prototype involved coding) or modification or etc in spot. Sometimes, they will ask you to explain the coding and the process also. This is we call viva.
Okie, that's all for today. Tomorrow having a small test lor.. but I already get tips lor.. Hehe.. Ciaoz...!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home