Monday, November 07, 2005

My Bao Bei..

What's wrong with my bao bei (dearest in chinese) laptop? What's wrong with the connection?? Till today, I still cannot figure out what's wrong with it. Today, I had tried to sign in yahoo, msn and also skype with my friend's pc. They did work but not in my laptop. haih~ God.. what had happen??!!

Another biggest news I had get from my friends. She told me that maybe all the final exam will be earlier one more day than the timetable before. Hopefully this is not true. If not, I sure fainted. This is because I had not well prepared for it. Too enjoying in home.. =P

I'm now again step at PJ. Luckily, the traffic on the way back to KL from Penang are not so bad. Though there were many cars, but it didn't traffic jam in highway. But I had to wake up early.. about departure on 8am to avoid any traffic jam. I still can remember the time when we came back to KL during CNY... traffic had jam from Tapah to Rawang. The reason is.. most of the cars stopped at Rawang's rest station. There were too many cars go in this station and cause no place for parking. Because of this, the others car had jam in the highway. Really a nightmare.. Haha..

Now, have to pray so that the timetable won't be more earlier. God blessed everyone who is going to have final exam...

10 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Wimal said...

Seeing that you can blog, does that mean you can surf the web from your notebook?

Strange that you IM programs are not working...unless you installed a firewall and did not approve their connection.

What ISP are you using? Jaring? Streamyx? It could be that their DNS server isn't properly registering the servers for those IMs but it seems very unlikely since ALL three programs aren't working.

Where are you trying to log on? at home or company? If company, normally they block of this programs since they don't want employees to waste time chatting.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

Yaya.. I can surf others web from my notebook. Is just yahoo, hotmail, msn messenger and also skype failed on connection.

I had tried many ways like disable windows firewall etc but still not working. At home, I'm using TmNet. At PJ home, I'm using webbit. But I don't think this is the ISP problems since I can log in all the above by using my friend's pc.

Is really weired.. I had lost of idea what is happen to my bao bei lor!! I think maybe the only way is to format my notebook lor~

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

Question
1. At home you tried to surf the email and it didn't work?
2. In office, you tried and it didn't work?
3. What is the error message that you receive?
4. MSN can share settings with IE at times especially when it comes to the proxy so are you using IE or Firefox?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

1. Yup. I tried to surf in home also didn't work.

2. I'm still a student, so not working in office. hahaha... But I'm using my friend's pc, all does work.

3. The error message that I received is "The page cannot be displayed" for mail. For msn is "Failed to connect to the service. This due to improper proxy or firewall settings..."

4. I'm using IE.

Thanks for your help lor~

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Wimal said...

ohh...proxy settings...check in ur IE-->Tools menu-->Internet Options-->Connections Tab-->LAN Settings-->ensure that in the Proxy Server section, the "use a proxy..." is unchecked.

But the thing is that if you can surf other sites, it shouldn't block just mail servers. Have you tried using Firefox to surf?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

The proxy settings is ok ar.. the section is already unchecked. But it still remain the same result.

I been install Firefox and tried to used it. But dunno why, Firefox are unable to connect to server too. So, I had uninstalled it.

Weired, right?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

Yes it is weird...hmmm...I'm not too sure what could be wrong. Firefox doesn't connect eh...it should unless the settings were similar with IE.

The problems that I've come across is cannot online at all but never cannot online for MSN, Yahoo mail and messengers Only while the rest can.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

BTW, Have you scanned the machine with an anti-virus and with anti spyware programs like Ad-aware SE and Spybot -Search & Destroy. You should try.

1. Update and then Scan for virus
2. Use Ad-aware, update and scan.
3. Use Spybot, update and scan.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Wimal said...

btw, i think maybe i found a solution...but not sure...are u using a router? msg me on friendster since you can't access mail or Instant messaging(IM)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home